Monday, February 10, 2014

Will You Be My Valentine....snack?! Brownies with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting


So easy! So cute!!

It's Valentine's Day y'all! If you're up to your ears in candy hearts and lace doilies for the kids at school, you might be in need of a delicious and festive pick me up.  In France, they call their afternoon snack the "gouter" (gooh-tay): typically sweet and served with tea or coffee.

I'm a fan already:)

So here's the deal.

Stop by your local Sur La Table, or any kitchen store.  I found varying sizes of these heart shaped cookie cutters for a very reasonable price of $.85! (The bigger ones are $1.25...you can decide how big you want your brownies to be). 

Then bake these delicious homemade gooey brownies that we've previously tested out on Sorella Style, or if you're in a major hurry, you can go the store bought route.  Let the brownies cool way down in their 13 x 9 pan before cutting out your heart shaped treats! I got about 14 mid sized brownies out of one recipe...and there are some delicious edges left over to snack on too:)

Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe:

4oz. organic cream cheese softened
1/8 stick of butter softened
8 oz (half a small box) confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Beat cream cheese, add in butter.  Slowly beat in Confectioners sugar as frosting gets fluffy and soft.  Mix in vanilla at the end and Voila!!  YUMMY cream cheese frosting!

I mean...sooooo delicious...I've always had a love affair with cream cheese frosting...now that I know how simple it is to make...I am in serious trouble!

Enjoy my Valentines!!  It's the little things...and this one is too yummy to pass up!

Love and hearts,
Kacey



No comments:

Post a Comment